Food and Friends

Saturday, October 06, 2012

On a quarterly or half-yearly basis, my different groups of friends will catch up over a good meal and have a good laugh! I'm happy that despite all of us being mothers and busy with one's schedule, we never failed to keep up with our regular meet ups. Before the exam fever kicks in for #1, I had a round of meet ups with different groups of friends..


My poly and the zouk gang. We used to go Mambo nights every Wednesday and struggled to wake up for studies the next day! Recently, we had a nice night out at Prive @ Keppel Marina Bay. I guess my expectation for the food there were high and ended up feeling disappointed. Perhaps their brunch menu is nicer. Nice ambience though and we had great time camwhoring and had a a drink before heading home.



***
My Secondary and ITE friends and party friends. I chose to retake some papers for "O" as a private candidate and landed myself in a one-year business course in ITE. Thank God for this group of friends that my one year in ITE flew past with daily fun and laughter! We were so close and hung out together after school so often that we were having wild dreams of staying together when we were much older. LOL! We went on separated paths - 2 of us went Poly, Sandy decided to just pursue her Secretary course and Susan got pregnant! Fast forward 20 years later, Susan's girl is already in Poly! Susan is also very blissful in her second marriage and had a cutie 18-months boy!  This time we chose the delightful cafe -Antoinette at Palais Renaissance  Since it's a weekday, there was no crowd at all!

Food was superbly fantastic. Except for the rather je lat Gnocchi Carbonara, everthing else was perfect. We polished up the following:


Thick pancakes with Bluberries and Maple Syrup

Prawn Crumble

Crab Suzette

Gnocchi Carbonara

Shortberry Shortcake, Forbidden Fruits
I WANT TO GO BACK AGAIN TO TRY ALL OTHER CAKES!

***
Me & the uni friends meet less often...perhaps once a year? Gotta find time to meet up soon

****
Since leaving my ex-company, few of us also tried to meet up on a quarterly basis to catch up. I should have take a picture to remember our last memorable meet up. We ate a whopping $100/pax meal at Tatsu Sushi @ Chijmes. My most expensive Jap food!! And I was not full at all! We hopped over to Thai Express to feed ourselves thai dessert before heading home! This time, we chose a much pocket friendlier Harry's Bar @ Boat Quay for yummy chicken wings and beer. It's been so long since I last stepped in Boat Quay!


***
Besides such on and off meet ups, I'm also blessed with the regular gluttons around me. We would often  go scouring for places to eat. Of the various places we went, there were some good and misses. Some of my favourite noms noms for the quarter are

1. Itacho Sushi
My top choice for Japanese food! Salivating just by thinking of it! Snake of long queue usually formed @ Ion branch. I love their chawan mushi, the amazing good shashimis, eel mini rice and many more. I saw that Star Vista (new mall at Buona Vista) has a branch too! Gonna hop over there soon. Hopefully, the crowd is manageable there.

2. Chums @ Bukit Timah
A well hidden charm in Bukit Timah. It is a cosy restaurant and the decor totally fits to their tag line "a place like home". We tried Mushroom Soup, Warm Sashimi Salad, Mussels and Chum's specialty -  the beer butt chicken. All yummlicious! I see myself wanting to go back again!

3. Daisy's Dream Kitchen @ West Coast
Decent and reasonably priced peranakan food. Opened by one of the Dim Sum Dolly (Selena) 's mum, Daisy, it's a small but cosy eatery. It's simple fare, not too over the top enticed me. Will definitely be popping by for a quick meal if we aren't cooking.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Find Me on Instagram @qceline

Instagram

Hello!

Hello! And thanks for visiting my blog!


With God's love, we have been blessed with three wonderful kiddos. I hope to jot down as many events and details as we journey along this life. One day, when the kids grow up, they have this space to refer to bring back many fond memories and laughter.


With love!


You can contact me here