Distinction

Monday, September 24, 2012

Shan got her first Distinction in ICAS and gee! I'm not even excited or as a matter of fact, I'm expressionless. The Distinction was for "Computer Skills" paper. I guess my reactions would be different if it was for English or Maths paper. Even so, she had only managed a "Credit" for her which she would indignantly reminds me that she's one of the 25% particpants across schools in Singapore to obtain this grade..

Obtained from UNSW
Actually, I had meant to let her take Science but by stroke of error, she ended up taking Computer Skills instead. 

Frankly, I was not sure if I had set too high of a standard on the kids. She told me that when she obtained her English ICAS cert, she was shocked to see only "Thank you for participating" and only to realised that she was been given her classmate's cert. She was only satisfied when she gotten her own cert and it stated "Credit". I guess this showed that she had a certain level of expectation on herself.

As for Sky, he recently got back a Math test paper with  a 36/40 score. I looked through the paper and I was disappointed. The paper was damm easy! And the best part, the 4 points he lost was due to carelessness. I should have told him "Good Job!"or "Well Done"! Instead, I nagged and chided at him for the 4 marks he lost. I really sounded like a horrible mum.

Later in the night, I took a step backward and thought if I should be a better parent. I should have smacked her with kisses or threw her up in the air or do whatever to make her feel good. Afterall, this is her first "Distinction" she gotten. I must really learn to be more encouraging and speak life into them. In short, I must learn to be a better mummy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Find Me on Instagram @qceline

Instagram

Hello!

Hello! And thanks for visiting my blog!


With God's love, we have been blessed with three wonderful kiddos. I hope to jot down as many events and details as we journey along this life. One day, when the kids grow up, they have this space to refer to bring back many fond memories and laughter.


With love!


You can contact me here